Monday, July 9, 2007

Maternity Leave is O-V-E-R!

Yep, I officially went back to work today and it was one of the hardest days of my life. I was so sad last night and cried a little bit to Dan but this morning was even worse. I got up super early so I could be ready before little man woke up and we had breakfast and a nice chat about how much mommy is going to miss him! The best part of my morning was after I got dressed for work and walked out of my closet and Carson gave me the biggest smile as if to say "mommy you look so pretty" and it melted my heart!!!

Carson's nanny is named Blair and she is a very sweet girl and I know she will take good care of him. They did great on their first day alone and I am sure they will develop a special bond as time passes. As long as he knows I am the mommy, we are good!!!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

How was your first day? How did your little man do?

About Me said...

He did great and seems to really like his nanny!! I am relieved.

Anonymous said...

I cried when I read this. It get's easier! You know I am always trying to figure out how to work less but...sometimes work is a nice break :)