Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Wonderful poem.

I read this poem in the back of a booklet called My Friend, I Care that was given to me from my friend Tracey. I have read it over and over and over. This just really resonated with me and I wanted to share:

Don't tell me that you understand
Don't tell me that you know.
Don't tell me that I will survive,
How I will surely grow.

Don't tell me this is just a test,
That I am truly blessed,
That I am chosen for this task,
Apart from all the rest.

Don't come at me with answers
That can only come from me,
Don't tell me how my grief will pass
That I will soon be free.

Don't stand in pious judgement
Of the bounds I must untie,
Don't tell me how to suffer
And don't tell me how to cry.

My life is filled with selfishness,
My pain is all I see,
But I need you, I need your love,
Unconditionally.

Accept me in my ups and downs,
I need someone to share,
Just hold my hand and let me cry,
And say, "My friend, I care."

- Joanette Hendel (Bereavement Magazine)

5 comments:

Cara said...

I must have missed this the last time you posted. It is perfect. It sums up a lot of what I know I can't "fix"...just know I am here and love you.

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

So true.

Jenn Alvarez said...

I missed this post before Gina, but wanted to tell you that we care tremendously for you and the boys and will be here for you whatever you need!

Jenn Alvarez said...

I missed this post before Gina, but wanted to tell you that we care tremendously for you and the boys and will be here for you whatever you need!