Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve.

I am sure tomorrow will be super busy since we have Cara and the family coming over and Dan's mom too. My parents aren't making the trip east this year and we will surely miss them. Dan's dad and his wife Nancy came over tonight which has been our Christmas Eve tradition for a few years now. Last Christmas Eve was when I told them we were pregnant with Tyler, boy does time fly.

The boys are both in bed and before Carson went up for his bath, he left a plate for Santa. He told me he had to leave a "really big plate with 3 cookies and a juice box too." He also left the reindeer food which was a gift to him from one of his teachers. Here is the plate he set up:

Oh and Santa has already eaten 2 of the cookies!

Carson is also so afraid of Santa that he refused any opportunity he had to go see him and sit on his lap. I didn't push it because I figured we have many more years to do so and why traumatize him now. He's even afraid of any santa looking ornament and our tree topper! Then tonight at bedtime he was so upset and crying because he didn't want santa to come into our house. Finally I convinced him that I would call santa and have him leave the gifts at the door. I mean, I kind of don't blame him. He's only 2 1/2 and the thought of a man in a red suit breaking in to leave gifts is kind of scary!

I have to run and help santa put the gifts under the tree now. I will be back, I have some pics to share of Tyler from today too.

No comments: