Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Gingerbread House.

I thought it would be fun to do a few projects last weekend when we were snowed in so I bought a Gingerbread house kit and a Christmas tree paint your own cookie kit.

My sister has always done the gingerbread house kits with my nephews and made it look so fun and easy - yeah not so much. I somehow didn't get the crafty/artistic gene because this project was SO challenging and I even bought the house pre-made!

Carson sat oh so patiently while I attempted to put the icing on the thing but I gave up after the roof, windows and doors (only on the front and back). The side of the house has no icing at all. But honestly he did not mind at all. He thought it was just perfect and I love him for it!

Admiring his work. He called the peppermint candies "wheels" since we have an ornament that is Santa in a car with wheels that look just like those candies. He cracks me up!


The finished product. As you can see I skimped on the icing.


Oh and I won't even dare post pics of our cookie debacle.....

1 comment:

Cara said...

Too cute! We switched to the tree kits even though they are older. Much easier.....oh, and even easier with graham crackers in a smaller version.----your loving sister!