Monday, November 16, 2009

Conspiracy.

I think my kids have a conspiracy against me. They sleep great on the weekends and then when I have to go to work, they decide to wake up at crazy hours.

This morning for some reason Carson woke up before 5 am. I had already been up at 11, 1, and 3 with Tyler and was back to sleep and hoping no one needed me before my alarm went off at 5:30 but at 4:54 I hear "mommmmmyyyyyy" come across the monitor and in my sleepy daze I imagined it was Tyler but then quickly realized he can't speak yet. So I go up and get him and he said "I just want to be holded mommy" and of course I don't deny any cuddling time these days since they are so few and far between. I embraced it even at 5 am.

Yawwwwn!!

Fast forward to as I'm leaving for work and I was saying my goodbyes. Carson didn't want me to leave and I told him that mommy has to work and his response was "why?" as always so I said "because I have to make money" and he said "so you can buy more toys?" and that put a huge smile on my face. I just love how the mind of a 2 year old is so focused on toys so I said "why of course, yes that is exactly why I work honey!" and all was good.

1 comment:

Anni said...

haha! i can't wait until i can have little conversations with emerick. i wonder what he is saying to me now, if only i could understand his gibberish!